- In all cases the work we covet will feel like it was done with intensity and commitment.
- We maintain a particular though non-exclusive commitment to poetry of the Pacific Region, while sea-levels still permit.
- All texts are published under a CC BY-NC 4.0 Creative Commons license.
- Send all submissions to minarets [at] compoundpress [dot] org
- Please include which segment you are submitting to in the subject of your email.
- We don't like MS Word docs, and would prefer that you save in either .RTF or .PDF
- Our print journal is published (usually) once a year around August.
- Submissions are taken until (usually) May 1st.
- We try to have a different guest editor every time for variety.
- Send up to 5 poems in 1 attachment totalling no more than 10 pages with "Minarets" in the subject line.
- Our online segment releases work (usually) every month, and accepts submissions year-round.
- We are especially interested in large-scale works such as: long poems, sequences, poetic research projects, dossiers, investigations, polemics, manifestos, ars poeticæ.
- Poems submitted to Minarets that we value but are unable to fit into our modest print journal may be given the opportunity to appear online instead.
- Tell us about something crazy with "ANNEXE" in the subject line.
- Essays, reviews, autopsies, and other strange non-fictions are accepted and published online year-round.
- Examinations of new poetry from the Pacific Region are especially welcome.
- We favour field reports that strive for vitality over any watertight academic formality.
- No uncritical puff-pieces or sheer marketing exercises.
- Shine a light on a dark corner with "Apocrypha" in the subject line.
- We'd particularly love responses to the titles below. We'll help you get a copy if you're keen:
Night As Day (VUP 2019) by Nikki-Lee Birdsey
The Intaglio Poems (Hesterglock 2017) by Iain Britton
Click here for what we do (Vagabond 2018) by Pam Brown
Listening In (OUP 2019) by Lynley Edmeades
Where Only the Sky had Hung Before (Vagabond 2019) by Toby Fitch
The Farewell Tourist (OUP 2018) by Alison Glenny
Empirical (Giramondo 2019) by Lisa Gorton
Archival-Poetics (Vagabond 2019) by Natalie Harkin
Subtraction (Vagabond 2018) by Fiona Hile
Birth Plan (Vagabond 2019) by LK Holt
Moth Hour (AUP 2019) by Anne Kennedy
The Hostage (Subbed In 2019) by Šime Knežević
Crow College (Giramondo 2019) by Emma Lew
Lost Lake (Vagabond 2018) by Bella Li
Vital Possessions (Ethos 2018) by Marc Nair
parsetreeforestfire (Ethos 2019) by Hamid Roslan
ransack (VUP 2019) by essa may ranapiri
The Naming (Subbed In 2019) Aisya Shah Idil
GAZE BACK (Ethos 2018) by Marylyn Tan
Poūkahangatus (VUP 2018) by Tayi Tibble
Lay Studies (VUP 2019) by Steven Toussaint
Over There a Mountain (Mākaro 2018) by Elizabeth Welsh
wheeze (Subbed In 2019) by Marcus Whale
Because a Woman's Heart is Like a Needle at the Bottom of the Ocean (AUP 2019) by Sugar Magnolia Wilson
Furthest Ecology (Colorado 2019) by Adam Fagin
Poetry Against All (Tarpaulin Sky 2020) by Johannes Göransson
The Book of Baruch by the Gnostic Justin (Oxford 2019) by Geoffrey Hill
Toxicon and Arachne (Nightboat 2020) by Joyelle McSweeney
The Shore (Wave 2020) by Chris Nealon
The Book of the Dead (WVUP 2018) by Muriel Rukeyser
Doomstead Days (Nightboat 2019) by Brian Teare
- If you would like your book reviewed, please post us a copy and we'll find a reviewer:
5c 55-57 High St
- Compound Press maintains a Soundcloud.
- Contributors to Minarets and ANNEXE may be invited to record their poems.
- We also accept submission of recorded poetry year-round.
- Poets are encouraged to augment their recordings with other sounds and/or production techniques.
- Sing out with "Soundcloud" in the subject line.