- In all cases the work we covet will feel like it was done with intensity and commitment.
- We maintain a particular though non-exclusive commitment to poetry of the Pacific Region, while sea-levels still permit.
- All texts are published under a CC BY-NC 4.0 Creative Commons license.
- Send all submissions to minarets [at] compoundpress [dot] org
- Please include which segment you are submitting to in the subject of your email.
- We don't like MS Word docs, and would prefer that you save in either .RTF or .PDF
- Our print journal is published (usually) once a year around August.
- Submissions are taken until (usually) May 1st.
- We try to have a different guest editor every time for variety.
- Send up to 5 poems in 1 attachment totalling no more than 10 pages with "Minarets" in the subject line.
- Our online segment releases work (usually) every month, and accepts submissions year-round.
- We are especially interested in large-scale works such as: long poems, sequences, poetic research projects, dossiers, investigations, polemics, manifestos, ars poeticæ.
- Poems submitted to Minarets that we value but are unable to fit into our modest print journal may be given the opportunity to appear online instead.
- Tell us about something crazy with "ANNEXE" in the subject line.
- Essays, reviews, autopsies, and other strange non-fictions are accepted and published online year-round.
- Examinations of new poetry from the Pacific Region are especially welcome.
- We favour field reports that strive for vitality over any watertight academic formality.
- No uncritical puff-pieces or sheer marketing exercises.
- Shine a light on a dark corner with "Apocrypha" in the subject line.
- We'd particularly love responses to the titles below. We'll help you get a copy if you're keen:
The Empty Show (Rabbit 2019) by Alice Allan
Factory Girls (Action Books 2019) by Takako Arai
Craven (VUP 2019) by Jane Arthur
Moral Sloth (VUP 2019) by Nick Ascroft
Remembering A Place I've Never Been (Cold Hub 2018) by Heather Bauchop
The Intaglio Poems (Hesterglock 2017) by Iain Britton
Neon Daze (VUP 2019) by Amy Brown
Click here for what we do (Vagabond 2018) by Pam Brown
Book of Cord (Tinfish 2017) by Leona Chen
Ashbery Mode (Tinfish 2019) by Michael Farrell
Where Only the Sky had Hung Before (Vagabond 2019) by Toby Fitch
Sydney Road Poems (Rabbit 2017) Carmine Frascarelli
The Gang of One: Selected Poems (Grand Parade 2019) by Robert Harris
Subtraction (Vagabond 2018) by Fiona Hile
Birth Plan (Vagabond 2019) by LK Holt
A Drink of Red Mirror (Action Books 2019) by Kim Hyesoon
Amnesia Findings (UQP 2019) by Anna Jacobson
Poems: New & Selected (Isobar 2018) by Jane Joritz-Nakagawa
The Hostage (Subbed In 2019) by Šime Knežević
Mezzaluna: Selected Poems (AUP 2020) by Michelle Leggott
Crow College: New and Selected Poems (Giramondo 2019) by Emma Lew
CRAVE (Rabbit 2018) by Holly Friedlander Liddicot
On Lost Sheep (Tinfish 2017) by Shiro Murano
Vital Possessions (Ethos 2018) by Marc Nair
Heide (Giramondo 2019) by π.O.
You Will Not Know In Advance What You'll Feel (Rabbit 2019) by Antonia Pont
Iron Moon: An Anthology Of Chinese Worker Poetry (White Pine 2016) ed. Xiaoyu Qin & Eleanor Goodman
parsetreeforestfire (Ethos 2019) by Hamid Roslan
The Lost Arabs (UQP 2019) by Omar Sakr
Kindred (Magabala 2019) by Kirli Saunders
The Naming (Subbed In 2019) Aisya Shah Idil
Witness in the Convex Mirror (Tinfish 2019) by Eileen R. Tabios
The End of the World (Giramondo 2014) by Maria Takolander
GAZE BACK (Ethos 2018) by Marylyn Tan
Lay Studies (VUP 2019) by Steven Toussaint
At This Distance (Cold Hub 2019) by Dunstan Ward
wheeze (Subbed In 2019) by Marcus Whale
Milk Teeth (UQP 2018) by Rae White
Blakwork (Magabala 2018) by Alison Whittaker
The Last Lyric (Tinfish 2017) by Yu Xinqiao
Hysteria (Action Books 2019) by Kim Yideum
Poetry Against All (Tarpaulin Sky 2020) by Johannes Göransson
The Book of Baruch by the Gnostic Justin (Oxford 2019) by Geoffrey Hill
Toxicon and Arachne (Nightboat 2020) by Joyelle McSweeney
The Shore (Wave 2020) by Chris Nealon
The Annunciation (Action Books 2019) by María Negroni
The Book of the Dead (WVUP 2018) by Muriel Rukeyser
- If you would like your book reviewed, please post us a copy and we'll try find a reviewer:
8/145 Mount Eden Road
- Compound Press maintains a Soundcloud.
- Contributors to Minarets and ANNEXE may be invited to record their poems.
- We also accept submission of recorded poetry year-round.
- Poets are encouraged to augment their recordings with other sounds and/or production techniques.
- Sing out with "Soundcloud" in the subject line.