- In all cases the work we covet will feel like it was done with intensity and commitment.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine, but no previously published work.
- We maintain a particular though non-exclusive commitment to poetry of the Pacific Region, while sea-levels still permit.
- All texts are published under a CC BY-NC 4.0 Creative Commons license.
- Read the guidelines for each particular segment below. We're mostly pretty relaxed.
- Our print journal is published (usually) once a year around August.
- Entries are taken until (usually) May 1st.
- We try to have a different guest editor every time for variety.
- Please send 5-10 pages of poetry:
- We prefer to publish more work by a smaller number of poets rather than lots of single poems.
Reading period closed for 2020 issue. Check back around September/October.
- Our online segment releases work (usually) every month, and accepts submissions year-round.
- We are especially interested in large-scale works such as: long poems, sequences, poetic research projects, dossiers, investigations, polemics, manifestos, ars poeticæ.
- Poems submitted to Minarets that we value but are unable to fit into our modest print journal may be given the opportunity to appear online instead.
- We'd particularly love responses to the titles below. We'll help you get a copy if you're keen:
Factory Girls (Action Books 2019) by Takako Arai
Remembering A Place I've Never Been (Cold Hub 2018) by Heather Bauchop
The Intaglio Poems (Hesterglock 2017) by Iain Britton
Click here for what we do (Vagabond 2018) by Pam Brown
About the Author is Dead (Cordite 2018) by Pascalle Burton
Axis Book 1: 'Areal' (Vagabond 2014) by a.j. carruthers
Axis Book 2 (Vagabond 2019) by a.j. carruthers
Book of Cord (Tinfish 2017) by Leona Chen
Ashbery Mode (Tinfish 2019) by Michael Farrell
Where Only the Sky had Hung Before (Vagabond 2019) by Toby Fitch
Subtraction (Vagabond 2018) by Fiona Hile
A Drink of Red Mirror (Action Books 2019) by Kim Hyesoon
Mezzaluna: Selected Poems (AUP 2020) by Michelle Leggott
Crow College: New and Selected Poems (Giramondo 2019) by Emma Lew
Narrative Poem (Bloodaxe 2017) by Yang Lian
Labour and Other Poems (Cordite 2020) by Astrid Lorange
On Lost Sheep (Tinfish 2017) by Shiro Murano
Heide (Giramondo 2019) by π.O.
Iron Moon: An Anthology Of Chinese Worker Poetry (White Pine 2016) ed. Xiaoyu Qin & Eleanor Goodman
parsetreeforestfire (Ethos 2019) by Hamid Roslan
Knocks (Vagabond 2016) by Emily Stewart
Witness in the Convex Mirror (Tinfish 2019) by Eileen R. Tabios
The End of the World (Giramondo 2014) by Maria Takolander
Lay Studies (VUP 2019) by Steven Toussaint
Entries (Cordite 2020) by Prithvi Varatharajan
At This Distance (Cold Hub 2019) by Dunstan Ward
Milk Teeth (UQP 2018) by Rae White
The Last Lyric (Tinfish 2017) by Yu Xinqiao